Photobucket

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Figured it out!

I am trying to type this entry on my iPad, something I have avoided bc I don't like using it to type things with. The keyboard is too annoying! As soon as Travis releases my laptop, I'll make a longer post.

Anyway, the point of this post is to tell y'all that I have finally figured out what my ultimate goal is, as far as a career is concerned. Child Psychology. I want to be a child psychologist. It's going to take time, but I think I can do it, and so does everyone else. It has been suggested on more than one occasion, and lately I have really been listening. I mean, child guidance is my favorite class, this semester. I'm learning new ways to help children solve problems and to guide them through times of difficulty. I would love to be able to help children who may have troubles that their parents or teachers can't figure out. It won't be easy, and as I said, it will take a good bit of time, but I want to work toward my masters and eventually my doctorate. Who knows, I could actually become DR. JESSICA! How weird does THAT sound??? It's in the relm of possibility!

I began my Nanny job on Monday, and I had so much fun! It's humbling to know that the parents of these two amazing children trust me to take care of them during the day. There is a 2 and a half year old girl and a 3 month old boy. I was so impressed by how well the little girl, T, could speak! She's talking at a 3 year old or 4 year old level! No two or three word phrases, this girl is saying full sentences!!! It's spectacular!

As always, my main focus was making sure T felt special and got attention, which can be challenging because the baby, J, needs a great deal of attention right now, but I got T involved by having her hold J's bottle when I fed him and opening a diaper for me when it was time to change him. Their mother, C, works from home, and she walked through to the kitchen while I was having T hold J's bottle, and C smiled about it. She told me she was impressed with how I got the little girl involved, so she could get some attention. It made me feel so good!

What also made me feel good was that the mother made me feel like I was the best nanny in the world, haha. I don't know if that's true, but I felt flattered that she was so excited to have me as her nanny :) it's a fun and rewarding job, even with J spitting up on me throughout the day, it's an occupational hazard that I gladly take. I can't wait to be a mom, but until that day, I'm happy to be a nanny. Plus, I can use the money I make to help get me through school... I really want to be a child psychologist, and I think I finally have the drive I need to do it!




No comments: