Friday was our engagement party. We had a blast! There were old friends, new friends, crazy future in-laws, and a bunch of Daddy's friends! It was nice to mingle with everyone, though Trav and I ended up near people closer to our age. It was fantastic to see so many of Dad's friends there... I am very lucky to have had such an amazing man as my father! We shared stories of him, talked about the wedding, and played pool. The food was WONDERFUL! We had Bar-B-Q, some fall-off-the-bone-omg-fantastic chicken, mac n' cheese, baked beans, fries, and home-made potato chips! It was so so good!!!!! We also got a good bit of loot! Travis and I have decided that our future house will either look fabulous or trashy... my money is on trashy, to be honest *giggle*
I got my shoes on Sunday, so my dress is officially all ready!
I am just so excited and happy! The only downside is that Daddy won't be there to walk me down the aisle, and Nonnie won't be able to dance at my wedding (she used to say, "Jess, get me a Diet Coke, and I'll dance at your wedding!)... if we had gotten married a year and a half ago, she would have been able to, dammit! Oh well, I'm really not bitter about it, so please don't get that impression! My heart is so full of love and joy... I feel like I radiate happiness!
My Emmers has posted some pictures of the party on facebook, so if you want to go and look at some of them, they are slightly amusing... mostly because I actually drank! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? I had two (small) boat drinks! People were shocked because, well, I don't usually drink... I think the last time I had any alcohol was 4th of July, 2010... wow... that's kind of funny...
Ok, I need to wrap this up and go to bed... NIGHT NIGHT!!!!!
Friday 5 - Week 2
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment