Photobucket

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun!

Travis and I went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday. We had so much fun too! We saw Zilch the Torysteller (he switched around the first letter of different words in sentences to create funnyass stuff!) He told the stories "Jomeo and Ruliet: The Tagic Trail of Two Horing Wouses" (it's "waring houses", but it sounded like "whoring"), "Rindercella and her Stoo Tugly Epsisters", and "Lodigocks and the Bee Threars". Yeah, we're dorks :) Travis kept talking that way after we saw the first Zilch show. It was quite amusing, to say the least.

We also watched the jousting match, which Travis hated. I scolded him for not going along with the show, even if they WERE bad actors! Who cares? It's a recreation of midieval jousting... just a demonstration of how knights fought each other for glory! It's not supposed to be perfect.

We even took a VERY romatic stroll through the dungeon of torture *sigh*. Nothing says, "Romance" like hanging by your thumbs (haha). As we exited the exhibit, there was a device used on women who nagged, talked, or questioned too much. It was a metal mask-looking thing that covered their mouth... Travis just stood there are looked at it, then looked at me, then looked back at it... I said, "Don't even think about it!" It was still amusing.

One show we saw had a children's song in it. It also required audience participation. I was getting into the song (Child Development Classes will do that to a person) while Travis did a half-ass job of it. I told him, "When you work with childre, your inhibitions go right out the window!"

All in all, it was a pretty good day :)

No comments: