Photobucket

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fun Morning!

This morning, Travis and I met up with a friend of his, who is a photographer.  We spent about an hour and a half taking pictures.  This lady is fabulous! (I hope she doesn't mind me calling her a "lady!")  She took beautiful pictures and made us look good :)  It was a lot of fun, too!  Trav and I got to just be goofy, which is usually the norm ;)

Here is one of the pictures, it's one of my faves (so far):

Photobucket

The photographer has put a few more pictures up on her website.  They're password protected and if anyone is interested in seeing them, feel free to contact me on Facebook or via comment on blogger and I'll let you see :)


Spring is in full swing here (like the rhyming goin on?) and I'm so happy!  Travis and I were a bit nervous about how I would handle the spring season, because Daddy died in springtime last year, but we are both glad that I'm treating this year's season like I always do: extreme happiness and hope.  Spring, for me, is like the new year.  As soon as I see blossoms on trees, my attitude becomes very positive and I feel like I can do anything!

I'm a little anxious about Easter, though, because that was the last holiday we spent with my Dad.  I've also noticed that I'm putting off taking a trip to the beach house... I haven't been in about 10 months.  I went down a few weeks after Dad's death, with mom, and when she left one morning, I lost it.  I couldn't sleep that night because I was by myself and couldn't make the images of Daddy dying go away.  I was supposed to stay for a few days, but came home the very next afternoon because of how upset I had gotten.

I'm hoping that, when I do finally go back, I can take a friend or two with me, for company.  I still don't like being by myself for too long.  I discovered that last Friday when mom went to the beach and Travis was out of town (I think I made another post about it - with the thunderstorm).

All in all, I'm doing well.  I still have moments, when I'm trying to fall asleep, that Daddy and/or Willie invade my mind.  I'll see the last few moments of their lives flashing in my head, but I can conquer those by turning on a vaccum cleaner (mentally) and suck the images right out of my mind!  (Travis taught me that trick).

One more thing...  Trav and I are coming up on THREE YEARS together!  This is, officially, the longest relationship I have ever been in, and I am so happy I have him!  I really think God sent him into my life, two years before Daddy died, because He knew I was about to face some terrible things and that I would need someone to help me through them.  It's strange how death of loved ones can make a person think about circumstances leading up to the deaths.  I'm still amazed that Travis has stuck by me through THREE deaths in my household!  Three deaths within nine months of each other!  It's crazy!  Travis is my rock.  He is the one person I can turn to for anything.  I can talk to him, act a fool with him, cry to him, and he just lets me.  He can make me laugh when I don't even want to smile!  One look from him, and my legs turn into jelly.  I just love him so much!  (and the photographer was able to tell that while we had our pictures made today!)

Ok, that's all for now :)


No comments: