Photobucket

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kicking Mozart's BOO-TAY!

So, on Monday I went to see our choir director to get a bit of extra help with some of the music pieces I was having difficulty with.  It was the first time in 8 years that I had done a one-on-one rehearsal, and I was definately nervous!  Adam was awesome, though, and made me feel comfortable.  We dove into the music, mainly the Mozart pieces that our choir is performing April 25th, and it took a few tries (plus having Adam count out the beat), but I managed to improve a good deal.  He was impressed that I asked him for help so far in advance, but the way I was looking at it, I am still re-learning how to read music, and I don't want to hold the soprano section back.  I want to be good at this, and anything I can do is worth it.  I became more comfortable as we went along, and he could tell when I knew a part of the music because of how loud I would get.  Whenever I felt nervous about a part, Adam eased my anxiety by saying, "Jessica, everybody here loves you, so don't feel bashful. Sing it out!"  As I was leaving, he told me I have a "booming voice" and I shouldn't be so worried.  I was very flattered and happy when I left.

Fast forward to this evening.  I went to choir rehearsal, ready to tackle Mozart, and I kicked his butt!  We went over a part of the music that no one else had practiced yet, and I hit almost every note and knew each beat!  I only messed up in one place, but knew what happened, and was able to correct it right away.  I still plan on meeting with Adam again, to go over some more areas that I feel need a bit more work, but by the end of rehearsal, this evening, I was on cloud 9!  I KICKED MOZART'S BOO-TAY!!!!!  :)  :)  :)

No comments: