Photobucket

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Busy Busy!

I have been a very busy girl!  Saturday, I had to work.  We went to Harrisburg and did a shoot for 14 basketball teams, ages 5-11.  It was a rather long day, I had to get up at 5:15!  I hadn't been up before the sun in YEARS!  The shoot went well.  I'm fitting in and got complimented on how well I handled the children.

Sunday, I sang at the 8:30 service and then got to stay the whole time in my Sunday School class!  It was also a day of service, and my class took part in volunteering with Loaves and Fishes.  Travis and I made it a humorus activity :)  We were there for about 2 and a half hours.  Then we had a chili dinner at church before attending a small service in the chapel to reflect on the day of service.  It made me feel really good.

Monday, I had to be at work at 9am.  My boss had some office things for me to take care of.  I had to take picture order forms and count out a number of forms to send to classrooms in different schools.  One school had 60 classes, which needed 25 order forms per class, so I had to count out 25 forms, 60 times.  (yep, 1500 forms).  I had six schools to do, and most schools had 30-36 classrooms at 25 forms each...  It was a very long day of counting and re-counting.  My head hurt by the end of the day (which was 4:30pm).

I went back, today, to finish up another school and receive a shipment of youth sport picture order forms.  I had to count out a few of those, as well, but will do the rest on Monday.

I guess I can now say I have a little bit of office experience.  I haven't had to type up anything, but I got the sorting, counting, and filing part in the bag!

I love looking at my calendar and seeing it almost filled with things I have to do.  I never thought I would like being so busy, but it seems to be growing on me... maybe it's just the fact that I don't want to get anything done around the house... I'd rather go to work than stay here and clean my room haha!

I've been keeping up with the olympics, somewhat.  I watch it every night with mom and Travis, then again when I get ready to go to sleep.  I don't know why I am enjoying it so much... maybe it's just the competition or danger involved in these sports... who knows!

I'm happy, still.  I do miss my dog, my dad, and my grandmother... but death is a part of life, and I'm chosing to keep on living mine!

No comments: