Photobucket

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!!

FINALLY!  I HAVE A JOB!  I'm going to be working for a photograpy company that does school pictures as an assistant.  Basically, my job is to get the children ready for their pictures; fixing their hair, making sure their faces are clean, and get them to "smile big."  We'll be traveling all over North and South Carolina, and it sounded a lot like Trav's schedule, as far as travel is concern.

I'm really excited about this.  It's my first "real" job, dealing with children.  My soon-to-be boss, C, told me he thinks this will be a great way for me to gain experience in a field that I am most passionate about (children, if you didn't already know).  The way he spoke gave me the impression that he understands this isn't going to be a permament thing, and that he wants to help me work toward building my career in child care.

The guy I'll be working for is the son of my Dad's close friend.  C's parents have been a huge help in getting us through the death of Daddy and Nonnie, and C's mom put me in touch with him, thinking this would be a good thing for me to do, and I'm very greatful to her for it!

I'm going to be traveling to, I think, Huntersville, NC on February 20 to observe the procedures and my first official day on the job will be Feb. 22.  It's going to involve long hours and a lot of outdoor shoots (the company also does children's sport team pictures)... can you imagine?  ME?  OUTDOORS?!?!?!  I'm going to be dealing with two things I don't care for with this job: early mornings (sometimes having to get up at 4:30am) and outdoors.  I'm a little anxious about those, but I'll survive, and I'll make money, which is what I really need!!!

Because I live at home, I'll be able to put more money aside while I work, and maybe be able to take care of my own bills after a few months.  My health insurance has sky rocketed, so I want to find a new company to be with, because Mom is paying an arm and a leg for me, and I don't want that anymore.

It has taken mean 26 years to get to this point, and I see improvements in myself everyday.  I'm getting so much closer to my goal of becoming independent, and I gotta tell you, it feels so good!




The last few days have been weird for our household.  Mom told me that, Tuesday night, she woke up in the middle of the night and saw Willie on the corner of the bed.  We both know it was because that was where he slept every night, but it doesn't make it any easier.  I keep seeing him all over the house, too.  It's going to take me a while to get used to him being gone.  I'll have his ashes in a few days, as well as some fur, and his paw print in cement.  I really miss him...  oh, but now Travis is the only man in the house!!!  *looks up innocently*

There has been a huge cloud over us, since Monday.  It's primarily sorrow.  It just isn't the same, but we're pushing forward.

1 comment: