The chocolate fondue was a success!!! I used a double boiler pot to heat the chocolate chips. Add water to a small or mid-sized pot, only about two or three cups, and place another small or mid sized pot on top of it, but make sure the water doesn't touch the top pot. Heat the water up to a boil, so that a little bit of steam rises from the sides, and if you want to, reduce the heat (that's what I did). I added one bag of Nestle milk chocolate morsels and about a half a cup of half and half creamer (I didn't have any heavy cream, which is what is suggested to be used). Melt the chocolate morsels while stirring frequently, to avoid burning. You will end up with a creamy chocolate dip. Cut up and fruits or cakes you wish to dip (this can be done ahead of time). You can remove the chocolate from heat or turn the stove down to a simmer, to keep warm. Now you are ready to enjoy! Dip fruits or cakes or marshmellows in the chocolate, but be careful not to burn yourself, as the mixture will be hot!
Travis kept giving me high fives while he ate the fondue, and I think he may have even fallen in love with me all over again, haha. I know what to do and look forward to making chocolate fondue again... IT RULES!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment