Photobucket

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Decisions

Travis downloaded an app for our ipad that was a piano.  I started messing around with it and attempted to play Fur Elise (sp), which I could play many years ago.  I couldn't seem to get the notes right, and ran upstairs to my piano to find the music.  I found it, as well as a sheet of paper that showed what the notes are on the piano, and began to try and play.  It took 30 minutes of hunting and pecking before I could play the very first score on the page!  (The first line on the sheet music).  It was wonderful to be playing again, even if it was rough, so I made a decision:  I'm going to re-teach myself to play.  I feel like I need another outlet for my emotions, and that is a great way to do it!  Heck, I even found a song I had begun to write!  I STARTED TO WRITE A SONG! haha... I got mad at myself for making it so difficult, but I don't care :)  I may even be able to finish it, once I have my "skills" back ;)

I know I have singing as an outlet, but I'm only in choir twice a week: rehearsal and worship.  I can play the piano everyday, if I so choose, and I choose to.  Plus, I found some old flash cards I used to learn about what symbols in the music means, which has really helped in my singing!  It's a win-win situation!

Speaking of choir, our Spring Concert is tomorrow night!  You all have seen me write about my issues with the Mozart piece, and tomorrow I will be able to share my hard work with others!  I'm excited, but anxious.  I'm more anxious about getting to the church by the call time at 6:15pm EST.  I have to work tomorrow in a town an hour from here, though with the rough weather we are expecting, there is a chance it will be rained out (PLEASE DO RAIN DANCES!).  If we do work, I won't be able to leave until 4:30, which translates to no time for a shower!  Travis and I made a game plan as to how I can make the transition from work to choir easier, and I'm still going to prepare, tonight, for my busy and hectic day tomorrow!

If anyone is interested in coming to the choir concert, it is at 7:00pm at Providence United Methodist Church.  I would love to have people come!  I worked VERY hard to learn the music, and I wanna show it off!  haha

Ok, that's all I have to say, here's hoping I don't have to work tomorrow!


No comments: