Photobucket

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thoughts

I have no real title for this post, these are just some thoughts I have.

I just got off the phone with a friend of my mother's.  She goes to our church and has been talking to mom throughout the last few months, helping to ease my mom's sadness.  We were talking about my experience on Palm Sunday, my tears during the first service, and the thunderstorms that rolled through that night.  I also told her about the mini-storm that came through the day dad died, as well as the storm we had one night when I was home alone, and close to tears.  The lady told me that it sounded like the storms were Dad's way of showing his presence to me.  They were his way of wrapping his arms around me and telling me he was still with me.  I had never thought about that, though I should have put the pieces together, seeing as how the storms showed up when I was at my saddest.  I do understand that weather systems play a role, but in the past, storms have rolled to the north or south of my part of Charlotte, we rarely get decent storms through here, so when we had some good ones on the nights I was unhappy, that was Daddy, telling me he was ok and he was still with me.  It gives me a lot of comfort, especially since I kept wanting to feel him with me, but never had any experience like that, but in actuality, Daddy was showing me he was there.

I miss my daddy, but I know he's still with me, always.



Aunt Claudia got out of the hospital about a week ago.  She still has clotting in her lung, but they are slowly being dissolved.  I went to see her, last Wednesday, and spent the afternoon with her and my cousins (yes, I am referring to Trav's family as my family.  It's getting confusing to try and differentiate his and my families.).  Erin was in town with baby Aubrey (who will be 5 months on April 25th).  I got to play with Aubrey for a few hours, which was a lot of fun!

Trav's mom's foot is doing better.  She can get around easier, though she still uses one crutch for support.  Our cousin, Britt, however, jumped off of a truck bed a couple of weeks ago (something he did very often), landed wrong, and fractured his foot in 6 places.  He is having surgery, today, to repair everything.  His surgery is in a hospital in north Charlotte.  I'm hoping to be able to go see him at some point, but the next few days are going to be busy for me, and I doubt I can get there before Friday.


Mom and some friends went to our beach house, yesterday.  It sounded like they were having fun, when Travis got a text, last night, that read, "we're on our 4th bottle of wine!  YEOWZA!"  *insert giggles here*  I hope they aren't hungover today! haha

I'm still babysitting like crazy, and I LOVE IT!  Job hunt is going ok.  I'm beginning to look in other areas, besides childcare, for work.  I just really need a job!

That's all I have to say for now :)


No comments: