Photobucket

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Good Weekend

It was a very good weekend!  I made it through the Good Friday service with flying colors, thanks to all of the support I had from choir members, my mom and Travis, fellow church members, my Minister, my Associate Minister, and the Children's Minister.  I didn't even have a single clue how loved I really was until Friday night.  I had hugs and words of assurance from so many people!  It made my heart smile.  I was prepared for the service too!  I had my Daddy's necklace, Nonnie's wedding band, a hanky that Mom gave me a while ago, and the earrings Travis gave me for Christmas (two hearts under an umbrella to signify the shelter of our love... corny, but super sweet and amazing!).  I was so focused on not crying, that I never cracked a tear!  I did get choked up a bit before the service began, because of the insane amount of support I had, but that was it.

Saturday night I went to Trav's brother's house for dinner with his family, Trav's mom, Trav, and my mom.  Trav's mom made dinner, which was very good!  We did an egg hunt for Trav's niece and nephew, which was a lot of fun.  I took a good bit of pictures and a couple of videos, I'll try and get them posted sometime tomorrow.

Today was wonderful, as well.  I sang at both services, and there were a lot of people I grew up with at the church who came into town for Easter.  I got to see old friends... and the look on their faces when they saw me in the choir was priceless!  I didn't think I'd get upset at the services, today, but I prepared myself anyway, just to be on the safe side.  I didn't want to be blind-sided by tears again, and I got through both services just fine!

I came home and cut Trav's hair... I'll post up before and after pics when I get them loaded... it's highly amusing, to say the least, though not nearly as bad as my first attempt......

Tomorrow is our three year anniversery!  It's crazy to think that Travis and I have been together for so long!  He has been my rock, and I am thankful, every single day, that I have him in my life.  I love you, Monkey!


No comments: