Photobucket

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Family Pains!

Man, I feel so bad for Trav's family!  Before I explain, I'm going to give y'all a little family tree, so the explanation will go smoother:

The majority of the family lives in a little town about an hour, south, of here, except for Trav's mom, who lives an hour to the north.  Claudia's hospital is in the town south of us.
Grandma Bessie is mother to:
Peggy, Beth, and Claudia.
Peggy is mom to Travis (my man), Toby (married to Kelley and has two kids), and Kevin (engaged to Susan)
Claudia has three kids:  Erin (married with a baby daughter, lives out of state), Britt, and Scott
Beth is wheelchair bound, and takes care of Grandma Bessie, who is also bedridden/wheelchair bound

Keep up with that, it's important!

His mom has a broken foot (though she's doing much better, and isn't in as much pain), his Aunt Claudia has been in the hospital for a few days with blood clots in her lungs (3 in the right, 2 in the left) and left knee.  Erin has been in town, staying with her mom during the day, taking care of Claudia's house at night.  She and I have been talking through it all, because Daddy was in the same situation a while back, and I know what it's like to watch a loved one deal with this.  Erin had to go home, today, so Trav and I are going to drive to the hospital that Claudia is staying, so we can spend some time with her.

Ok, quick timeline.

Peggy broke her foot a couple of weeks ago.  At the same time, Claudia had to have knee surgery to repair some tears.  Less than a week ago, Claudia began to have trouble breathing, and it was discovered she had blood clots in her lungs.  Erin drove in from two states away.  Britt has now shattered his foot, and Scott is busy with work.  I have opted to go to the southern town, after Claudia is released, for a few days, to help out and make her recovery a little easier.

That, actually, covers most of it!  I know I'm forgetting something, but I see it's 2:00am, and I have to get up early!  I'll keep y"all updated on Aunt Claudia!

Good night... or morning....


No comments: