Photobucket

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

COLD HOUSE!

Photobucket
That cat has the right idea!

If you can't read the writing, it says:

"You know,
if you would just turn up the heat,
I wouldn't have to resort to this.
Now set me on low, it's nap time."


For the last month, our house has been so cold!  Ok, well, only the top floor.  I haven't slept in my room in two nights.  It's not that I can't sleep in there, it's just the whole "getting-out-of-bed-when-it's-60-degrees" thing.  The main floor and basement are very warm, and Travis is being sweet to sleep in my room so that I can stay in Nonnie's room, which is actually the warmest room in the house!  It's weird bc heat is supposed to rise, but our basement is the warmest floor!  What's weird is our heater units are only two years old!

The heat guy is here, trying to figure it out.  We had someone else come take a look last week, and he said that our ac/heat units were installed wrong... this isn't fun at all!



I'm having a time filling out job applications.  The questions and experience sections aren't difficult, but when I got to enter my educational background, I get stumped.  This is because of how sporadic my education has been over the last seven years.  I can't even remember the exact timeline of when I was at App and when I was at home.  I'm going to try and write out a timeline that will make it a little easier for me.

I really REALLY hope I can work at my church.  I know everyone there and I know my way around... I think I'll have a good shot, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I am still going to send in a bunch of applications.  I do think I have made a decision about what kind of center I want to work at...  I'd love to work at a church-based center.  I'm not going to turn down any offers I get from any other centers, in fact, I would be happy to work anywhere, but I'd love to be at a church CDC.

Ok, back to filling out applications!

No comments: