Photobucket

Friday, September 25, 2009

Been a while!

I know I haven't updated in some time... there just hasn't been anything post-worthy happening.

Here's an overview, which turned into a decent sized post!

I got Nonnie's ashes from the funeral home a couple of days ago. She's sitting on the mantle beside Daddy's picture until we take her out to Arkansas for her burial over Thanksgiving.

A few month's before Dad died, Nonnie told me she wanted me to have her engagement ring that mom's dad gave her. I was honored, and still am, but never thought much about it until last week. Mom brought the ring to me and said that she remembered Nonnie wanting me to have it. I'm not one to wear rings on any finger other than my ring finger, but I have Nonnie's ring on my pinky (it's way too small for my ring finger). It makes me sad, but happy at the same time.

Mom also told me that I'm getting Nonnie's bedroom suit, which has a budoire (sp)... the desk with the mirror that you can sit at and do make-up/pick out jewelry... I've always wanted one and now I do. Again, it makes me sad, but happy.

Grief counselling is going well. I threw in Nonnie at our last meeting, and I feel bad bc I talk a lot to begin with, but with two deceased family members, I have twice as much to say. There have been two meetings, and I haven't made it through without crying.

You know how my last post was about getting my new phone? Well, I got really upset over it that night. See, Daddy's phone had his voice on it... you know, his voicemail greeting, so every now and then, when I needed to feel his presence, I would call and listen to it... the point of mom going to Verizon that day was to take Dad's and Nonnie's names off the list... now it's just me and my mom, though she also got one for my uncle, as a birthday gift for him. So after my old phone got shut off and I got my new phone (and here I'm about to cry again), I called Dad's number to see if she had done what I thought she had done... sure enough, no Dad's voicemail (and now I'm crying)... I know we have home movies that were narrated (idiotically, I might add) by Dad, but that voicemail message was a fast way to hear my Dad's voice... now it's gone.

Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled beyond anything to have a blackberry, but dammit, what I wouldn't give to have heard that VM message one more time before it was shut off... I just wish I'd had some notice... I'm gonna stop typing about him, bc I'm crying like mad right now...




Tomorrow is Trav's cousin's baby shower. Travis won't be able to make it bc he's working, but mom is gonna go, and she's gonna get to meet his whole family! I'm so excited! I love his family, and his mom has been amazing to us! She's so sweet and has been just so supportive. I love her like crazy!!!


Ok, I'm gonna get ready for bed and begin to unwind, so that's it for now!

No comments: