Photobucket

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stuff we did today

This morning, I decided I wanted to go out for breakfast with my sweetie, so Travis and I went to a local resturaunt(sp) and then to the nursing home to get Nonnie's things. Some of the orderlies asked me how she was, and were saddened to hear she had passed. While Trav got a dolley to help roll out the bigass TV in her room, I went in and began to get her clothes together. It was a bit harder than I thought it would be. As soon as I opened the closet, I started crying. I got over it quickly, though, and we finished packing.

I went to see Glenda (my Dad's sister, who is also in the nursing home where Nonnie was) and told her about Nonnie's death. She was very unhappy about it, but she hugged me and told me it would be ok and that she would be there if I needed her. It's amazing how strong she is. For those who don't know, Glenda (74 years old) is mentally retarded, but like my Daddy, everyone who knows her LOVES her! She is going to outlive everyone because of how happy she is. Even when her brother (Dad) died, she stayed strong and even offered advice to me... I am always amazed at her insight!


People have been bringing food, again, and our fridge is overflowing, again, but it's nice to not have to cook. When Dad died, we were flooded with people, food, and love... which is a wonderful feeling, knowing how many people love us.

Travis continues to give me strength. I don't know what I would do without him and his constant love. He's amazing and I love him "to the edge of the 'verse and back".

No comments: