Today was the All Saints Day service at church. Mom, Travis, and I went. It was really difficult bc the service was all in memorium of members who have passed over the last year. We had communion and after, our minister read out the names of those who had died while a candle was lit and a bell rung. Mom and I cried for most of the service, and as the names were being read, Travis grabbed my hand and held on tight, because I had lost it at that point. I couldn't sing the Hymn of Promise bc it made me tear up, which sucked bc I really like that song.
After the service, a few of us went to the Columnbarium (sp) to say a prayer. I cried then, too. The minister walked with us to Dad's niche and was touched to hear that I come by every Sunday evening (on my way to work at the church) to visit Daddy and talk to him.
We discussed Nonnie's upcoming funeral, which will be a Military service! There will be a color guard and an American flag will cover Nonnie's ashes during the service. Mom has almost got the details ironed out, and now we are focusing on packing and preparing for the trip.
We will be out there over Thanksgiving, but will not be celebrating TGiving with our family. Instead, we will be spending it with close friends (the ones who introduced Mom and Dad).
I can't wait to be with my cousins. I'm also glad that Travis will be able to come with us. He is finally going to get to meet Nonnie's only living sister, my Aunt Gene (Auntie) and Uncle Charles. I know this is going to be tough on Auntie, but we will all be there for her.
One slight issue with our trip, however, is the rockslide on I-40 near the NC/TN boarder. We're gonna have to go the southern route, through Atlanta... (Gonna see if I can talk mom and Trav into letting me find Mike Bettes' house, haha). It does mean, however, that we won't have to drive through the mountains, which will make my life a bit easier!
Today was very difficult, but I am very very lucky to have so much love surrounding me. I can't wait to see the rest of my family, though I hate the circumstances :(
On a lighter note... MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP! NOVEMBER 12TH! I'm getting old.........
Farewell Charles Wesley Sanders Jr.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment