Gabriel Iglesias is coming to Charlotte! WOOHOO! He'll be here March 17th :) I'm working on Travis to get tickets... he did try to bluff his way out by saying, "oh, that's during the basketball tournaments" so I shot back, "he'll be in Raleigh on the 7th!"... his response, "oh, that's women's basketball tournaments"... a few seconds later... "I'll try to find tickets!"
I love my man! You know what I like most? WE'RE IDIOTS! We were just watching Gabriel's newest special on Comedy Central and a few of the jokes were relationship-related and at some points, Trav and I pointed at each other while busting a gut from laughing so hard.
Ok, so ya'll may not find this funny, but only Travis can make me laugh about racing to the bathroom... I had to pee, so at the commercial, I hopped off Nonnie's bed and so did he, and as I walked toward the bathroom, he squated in a defensive pose and I ran past him, but he pulled me back and ran. I yelled, "I HAVE TO PEE!" so he pretended to pull down his pants and said, "THE SINK WILL WORK!"........ I had to squat bc I was afraid I'd wet my pants from laughing so hard.
In other news, my birthday is Thursday. I still don't know how I feel about it. I enjoy my birthday, but at the same time I don't want it. It just doesn't feel like it's my birthday... I'm wondering how the 12th will go. Will I treat it as just another day? Or will I have a good, happy day? I know ya'll probably get sick of it, but I just miss my Daddy. It doesn't feel like these upcoming holidays are real. Mom and I want to get Christmas put up before we go to Arkansas, yet it doesn't seem right. There will be two less stockings hanging by the fireplace...
Something I'm really glad I was able to do with my parents was on our 25th family birthday. December 21st, 2008, Mom, Dad, and I listened to the tape of the day they met me. I was 5 weeks old. Daddy was always a stickler about keeping records of events, so he took a tape recorder to the adoption agency so we would have the info. I had known Mom had the tape, but we'd never listened to it... and we did that day. I had no idea it would be our last family birthday as a family, so the fact that we were able to listen to it was super special.
Don't you love how jumbled my mind is???
Isaac is home
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment