Little Man (J) got baptised yesterday! It was at the 8:30 service, and I was right there, sitting in the pew behind Catherine (T and J's mom), Chris (T and J's dad) and Cath's sister + her two sons. I was so proud when our minister blessed J. Travis said that I looked like a proud Aunt, haha! I was just so happy! Now, I hadn't seen the kids in over a week, because the family had been out of town, so after the service, I went to the nursery to see all of the munchkins. T was at a water fountain down the hall from where I was, but as I walked closer I did my "one-finger-wave" (where I put up my pointer and wave) T came running down the hall and jumped into my arms! I was a fantastic feeling!
It's like I tell my friends, this isn't work to me, not even a job... being a nanny is the most rewarding "job" anyone can have! I get to watch, each day, as these two wonderful kids grow and develop! Little Man is finally crawling, too!!! He's getting into everything, and I can't turn my back on him at all! I used to be able to go in the kitchen and get some water without worry, but even that can be dangerous, because I need to keep eyes on him! He crawls slowly, for now, but I know that won't last too long, especially as he learns how to coordinate his arms and legs!
Travis and I went to lunch with our Sunday School class after church, yesterday, and they just couldn't believe that we're getting married! One of the guys just looked at Trav, scrunched up his face and said, "you're really getting MARRIED?!" Travis just nodded, looked at me, and said, "yep!" As we walked from the car to the restaurant before hand, Travis noted that I have been lifting my head up more and walking with "lighter steps". I told him it was because I'm so happy, and will probably be this way for the next few months.
Y'all, I am beyond happy. I am going to be marrying my best friend, my confidant, my partner in crime, my everything! We have something special. Something indescribable. It's a love I have never experienced in my life! I will become Mrs. Jessica Phifer... omg I love the sound of that... (I promise I won't be calling myself by his name again until we are actually married, I just had to get it out once!!!) It does sound good, doesn't it?!?!?!


No comments:
Post a Comment