Photobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

Guilt

I thought I had moved past Dad's death, and maybe I have in every way but one.  Almost every time I am alone with Travis - watching TV or cuddling or laughing hysterically - I start to feel a huge amount of guilt.  I feel guilty that I am so damn happy with the man I will spend the rest of my life with, and mom is without Dad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so as I was typing this, Mom came downstairs and we started talking about Dad and I told her about my guilty feeling, and she reminded me that she had 40 years with Daddy.  She told me she feels so good when she sees how happy Travis and I are, and that I shouldn't feel so guilty about that happiness.  I feel better, but I know the feeling will still linger in the back of my mind... I just want mom to be ok... My heart is broken for her, but I know she will be ok, it will just take more time.


No comments: