Photobucket

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm a good girl!

For one of my classes, this semester, I have to get a fingerprint card, criminal background check, and a couple of other school-related items in order to participate in an internship-type assignment.  Today was filled with going to the Sheriff's office and Clerk of Courts for fingerprints and my background check.  It took all of 20 minutes for both!  I found out that, as I suspected, I'M A GOOD GIRL! hahaha... It's funny to me and Travis.  He just cracked jokes while we were out (he went with me bc I was a bit nervous going on my own).

The day began wonderfully, when my eyes popped open bc of the smell of pancakes!  I went downstairs and saw Travis cooking breakfast for me and my Mama!  It was very good and made me feel amazing.  I don't know what I did to deserve him, but he sure makes me happy :)

A friend of the family is coming to put tile down in our basement tomorrow.  It will be so nice to be able to sit down there and watch TV/play video games again.  I know Travis is ok staying in the guest bedroom, but he had his own space, before the basement flooded... twice... and it was just nice to have alone time in the evenings.  Right now it is just like the stereotypical basement, not the warm, relaxing space it was a few months ago...  *sigh*

Only a few more days until J is Baptised! I found out, today, that J had his first haircut, first swim, and first time in a swing!  The family is in Florida (luckies!), so I haven't worked all week :(  I miss the kids like crazy!!!  I'll get to see them (as well as the rest of the mom's family) on Sunday!  I do babysit for her sister's kids, who are also wonderful, and am even forming a friendship with the sister :)  I really do feel wonderful about my life right now.  I'm happy, and that is a great feeling!!!


No comments: