You know what I love? Going to church and being greeted by a clan of munchkins, tackling me :) It's so much fun!!! I also like getting down on the floor and having a conversation with a 4-yr-old about her new hairbows and how she went to her Mimi and Papa's house for Thanksgiving, where she ate turkey and fried squash (Trav's niece, Mattie). I feel weird after a while, though, bc I get dragged around by the kids, when I'd rather sit and chat with the adults, but then again, knowing that I have the opportunity to be a positive influence on a child is well worth it.
Today was Susan and Kevin's surprise engagement party (Kevin is Trav's younger brother). It was pretty fun, actually. I went without mama or Travis (he was coming back from Tampa, and mom was with a friend who had to have a hysterectomy due to cancer). I thought I would be nervous, bc of not knowing anyone, but I wasn't! I got to the house, walked in, and introduced myself around. I managed to make small talk until Trav's mom arrived with Susan and Kevin, then I stayed near her for a bit.
There was a lady who brought her three month old baby, and he was ADORABLE! Yes, I held him for a while haha... he spit up, but missed my shirt by less than a cm. Trav's older brother arrived with Tristen (6 yrs) and Mattie (T's niece and nephew) and I squatted down so Mattie could see the baby, that's when I asked her about her Thanksgiving and she asked me to braid her hair after I got through eating. That little girl is so darn CUTE! (and it's fun to think that she may be my niece one day!) Tristen pretty much stayed outside to play while the party went on, but I walked out with Mattie for a bit and got to chill with Tristen for a bit too. He was so proud when he found a pumpkin that had rolled part-way down a hill and he pushed it to make it go the rest of the way haha.
Travis got home later this evening and I'm glad he's home... now he can help get the heavy boxes down! :)
Farewell Charles Wesley Sanders Jr.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment