Photobucket

Monday, December 28, 2009

Let the Hunting Begin!

As of today, I'm officially looking for a job!  Well, sort of.  I started glancing through child care centers of interest and have written down numbers and such, but my anxiety began to get me like never before, so I have now begun to make a resume.  I figured that once I have a document of my accomplishments and education, the anxiety would go away... I'm right, so far.  I've written down past experience and skills, and I can already feel my heartrate die down some.  I was just stumbling in my head, trying to figure out what I would say to potential employers, which led to my first anxiety attack in about a year.

Maybe it's just job hunting jitters, but I'm also freaking out about having to make phone calls.  I have a slight phobia of calling up strangers out of the blue (I have had fights with Travis over ordering a pizza!), which is also a source of my anxiety.  I'd much rather drive to a child care center and walk in, rather than call.  Weird, I know...

Anyway, if anybody knows how I should go about finding a job, or if you know how to make a resume (something my Daddy was wonderful at...), I would really appreciate advice.  It would calm my fears a lot!  I REALLY NEED SOME HELP HERE!

Ok, back to searching...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hey lady! I would be more than happy to look over your resume. I used to go on google and just search for example resumes...that might help you start with that.

Don't be afraid to call! Just say who you are, that you applied on the specific date (I would write that down), and then you just wanted to see how reviewing your application went. OR it is even better to go in and ask them in person. That shows more initiative to the employer.

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions.