I was talking to mom about my last blog entry (Decorations and Gifts) and realized something: I sound like a snob! I want to be clear that this isn't about how many gifts are under the tree. It's the fact that there won't be any gifts for Dad or Nonnie. We didn't do much of anything last year bc Dad had just begun to decline, so we just didn't do a whole lot. The fact that there weren't many last year will make it a little easier this year... does that make any sense??? It has nothing to do with material goods, just that two of our family members won't be here for Christmas.
Ok, back to decorating... it's so weird having so much free time to do these things. Mom and I are used to taking care of Dad and/or Nonnie, but now we don't have that, so we're actually getting our stuff together for Christmas! We're about to head back up to the attic for more boxes... we pulled down 6 boxes, plus a bigger trash can-type container with Holiday Lenins in it, yesterday. We unpacked most of them, and now we want to get my small tree down, as well as my Christmas village and ornaments. All in all, we have about 30 boxes of Christmas stuff... way WAY too many boxes!
We got our kitchen decorated some, and our den. Now we have the living room, dining room, entry way, stairs to the third floor, and the front porch to do.. oh, and the back porch. I also think we may put lights on part of our fence this year.
Damn... we have too many places to decorate...
Oh, we found my stocking yesterday! The one that I came to mom and dad in! I'll post up a picture as soon as I get a chance too.
Farewell Charles Wesley Sanders Jr.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment