My poor baby! He has had a rough go of it over the last week. He wouldn't take his pain pill, nor his antibiotic, and he wouldn't eat anything (probably from the pain!), so mom and I took him to the vet yesterday. The Doctor gave him some fluids and an antibiotic shot that will last two weeks. We ask her if there was a liquid form of pain meds we could give Willie, and she suggested pain killer injections... so guess what I get to do twice a day? YUP, I give my little Woo-boy his pain medicine. It's not that hard, and he's really good with it. Giving him his shots prompted mom to say, again, that I should have been a nurse.
It's funny, though, bc Willie acts drunk once the medicine takes affect. At least he's eating more. We discovered that he only eats if we hand feed him... this isn't going to happen, but for a few days. Soon he'll have to eat it out of his bowl!
Mom and I have gotten more Christmas stuff done. I did a good deal of cooking on Sunday :) It's getting to be difficult for us, though. Mom is just missing Daddy a lot, and my heart is breaking for her. She told me the other day, that he should be here... he should be with us. All I could do was wrap my arms around her and tell her I love her. She and I will get through this. It certainly won't be as wonderful as it has been in the past, but Trav's family is being so good to us - we're invited to Christmas breakfast with Trav's older brother and dinner with his Aunt and cousins. My thinking is that mom needs to come with me as I spend the day with his family. She needs to feel loved, and even though she has only met my man's family once, I know they will be able to help her.
Less than a week until my dreaded days. December 20th and 21st. I'm not looking forward to those days. For the people who don't know, on December 20, 1983, my mom and dad met me for the first time. I was five weeks old. They learned about my biological background and had the chance to feed me and spend the day with me. On December 21, they brought me home. I was in a red Christmas stocking. That day, Leigh, Robert, and Jessica became a family. Every year on the 21st, we celebrated our family's birthday. I never liked to celebrate it on the 20th, bc that is Nonnie's birthday. She would have been 89 years old.
I'm asking for prayers of strength for me on December 21st. I'm not too worried about the 20th, bc that will be my first day back to singing with the choir in an actual service. It's Lessons and Carols day, which means we will sing at both services. I think my strength will come from surrounding myself with one of my loves - music.
Speaking of music, I am LOVING being a part of the choir again! There is absolutely no feeling like the one I get from hitting the high notes dead-on... it's like I'm flying above the other vocal parts, and it makes my heart swell with joy. I am getting a better hang of singing. It's a bit difficult bc I haven't been in a choir in about 4 years, so it's like I'm having to re-learn certain things about sheet music. I can't sight read like I could, so that's a bit frustrating, but the choir director can tell that I'm trying and that I'm enjoying it!
As I was leaving choir, this past Thursday, the director caught my eye and followed me... so I went over and said, "what?" To which he replied, "I'm sorry you're here when we have everyone scratching their head off!" (Christmas time is hectic for the choir). I told him I was getting back into it, and he said, "I know, I can tell by how much you move when you sing." Yeah, when I get into a piece of music, my body kind of takes on a life of its own. Part of it was me trying to keep the beat. I don't know why I'm having a harder time re-learning the beats of each measure, but I'm going to ask the director for a little bit of help, bc dammit, I LOVE SINGING!
I'm almost finished Christmas shopping! Granted, I have two less people to shop for :( But it does feel good to know I won't be rushing to get gifts the week of Christmas!
I'm off to wrap gifts and write some cards :)
Farewell Charles Wesley Sanders Jr.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment