Photobucket

Monday, May 11, 2009

Final Farewell

Well, by the time most people see this, it will be "today" On Tuesday, at 9:45am EST, mom and I will place Dad's ashes in the niche at our church. We are anticipating a long and difficult day, but we have many family members and friends to surround us with love and support.

Two of my cousins arrived today... The husband grew up with my mom, and is the son of my grandmother's sister. The couple who introduced my parents to each other also flew in. They are all leaving tomorrow afternoon, which I hate, but they do have lives to return to. I'm just glad they made it out here to say goodbye to Daddy.

The memorial service is at 10:30, followed by visitation. Mom and I anticipate a large turnout, because Dad touched so many people in his life... it's simpley amazing to me.

I made it through today without crying, but I'm stocking up on tissues for tomorrow...I will post tomorrow night and let ya'll know how things go.

No comments: