Photobucket

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

HAPPY DANCE!!!

Mom and I are:
S-O H-A-P-P-Y!

The following is from a conversation I had earlier this evening, I just didn't feel like re-typing it all, but I'll make this easier to understand:

Dad's not out of the woods, but he completely turned around from yesterday
he had no clue how close he was to death
he was wondering why we'd all been crying, so mom told him that he was very sick, and she told him that he had been very close to death.

Yesterday, I put my mini teddy bear by his head that mom gave me a few years ago... it says "hang tough" on it. This is a teddy bear that I keep in my purse at ALL TIMES. When I change out my purses, that teddy bear is the first thing to go in. In fact, Travis almost got slapped when he tried to take it out of my purse when he cleaned it out, one time! It has carried me through many hard times, and I wanted dad to carry it through this hard time. So I gave it to dad, and tonight, he was about to have his sponge bath, and he said, "don't lose that bear! I need that bear!"

I almost cried from happiness, it made me feel so good!


Also, today, we could actually understand some of what he was saying to us!!! The doctors are even going to wean him off of the BiPAP!!!! He's going to "graduate" to a plain old oxygen mask!

Ya'll, he did it AGAIN... he came back from the brink

The moment I knew he was back was when he looked at my hair (in a pony tail) and said, "Jessica, your hair looks terrible!"

I told him, "well you aren't gonna win any beaty pagents anytime soon!" and he came back with, "yeah, but I have an excuse!"

Of course, it wasn't so exact like that. I still have to get close to him, so I can see his mouth when he talks. It's very slow, and still a bit jumbled, but it's there.

I know this may not last long, but I'm holding on to this happiness with every ounce of my soul.

And right now, my soul is ready for bed. It's getting close to midnight, and I've been up since 6:30, after falling asleep around 1:30am... so yes, I'm exhausted!

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR MY FATHER! He isn't out of the woods yet, and he needs these prayers to continue!!!

No comments: