Photobucket

Sunday, May 3, 2009

One step forward, one step back

We just got a call that Daddy is being sent back to ICU. He's getting confused again and his BP is going down. That's all I know right now... Mom is a wreck. I'm not surprised though, that dad is back there.

Travis and I just saw Daddy yesterday. He seemed to be in good spirits, but I could tell he was becoming disoriented again. They were about to take him off his antibiotics, and I have a feeling that may be a contributing factor. He couldn't remember what he had for lunch, earlier in the day, and we got there around 4:30, so it had only been a few hours since he ate, though he only had a few bites of what the nurse described as, "some hamburger-looking thing."

Ugh.. my dog is being so ANNOYING! HE WILL NOT SHUT UP! He barks at us when we come in from outside, bc he wants a treat. He barks when we're eating dinner, bc he wants some... I FEED HIM THREE TIMES A DAY! S-H-U-T U-P ALREADY!

On a good note, I went to Trav's mom's house last night for a fish fry (I ate chicken, lol) and it was so much fun! I love how I seem to fit in with them... I don't know if they're just pretending, but I love it. There were mostly his mom's friends and her bf's friends, but Trav's two brothers came and it was fun to just hang out and talk. Mrs. P's friends remembered me from the last fish fry, though I had no clue who they were until a few minutes into dinner. (*side note... It's weird saying Mrs. P, bc that's what everyone called my mom! "Hey Mrs. P!" is what I used to always hear when I was little!... freaky haha).

Anyway, after we ate, some of us sat around a "bondfire," which was actually just a small firepit on the back porch, and told jokes. I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes. It was great! It was nice to get my mind off of things, but then I thought about mom, and I wished she had been there. She would have had so much fun. I want to get her out with her girlfriends, but her best friend is acting like she doesn't care, which really hurts ME!

At least my two best girls care enough to call me or text me every other day to find out how dad is (then again, they're probably reading this now... HEY EMILY! HEY COURTNEY! - which keeps them in the loop). I just feel so bad for mom... does anybody have any ideas how I can get her mind off dad? Even if it's for a couple of hours, I just want her to have fun and laugh... sure she'd be coming back home to reality, but for a few hours, I want her to push this whole mess aside and have fun and laugh... I miss her laughter :(

No comments: