Photobucket

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

WONDERFUL DAY!

Today was AMAZING!!!!! There were AT LEAST 250 people (Travis thinks there were more than 400) at Daddy's memorial service! I didn't cry during the actual service, but when we walked into the sanctuary for the procession, I teared up because of the huge number of people.I smiled during most of the service, bc our minister was telling funny stories about Daddy that had everyone laughing.

And get this... THEY PULLED IT OFF!!!!!!!!! MY MINISTER MANAGED TO PULL TOGETHER CURRENT AND FORMER YOUTH CHOIR MEMBERS TO SING THE CHORAL BENEDICTION! The benediction is the youth choir's "song". We sang it at the end of every service that we were a part of. Daddy loved that song, and never made it through without crying... When we were planning the service, I told the minister that I wanted that song to be sung...

Well... My old choir buddies drove in from out of town JUST TO SING AT DAD'S SERVICE!!! The minister told me they did it just for me, bc I wanted to have that song sung... It was INCREDIBLE!!! I did cry a little when the choir began the song, but it was just so wonderful!

Mom and I recieved guests after the service, and I kid you not - it took over an hour to shake hands, give hugs, thanks yous, and everything... THERE WERE SO. MANY. PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's gonna hit me soon, but today was a day of celebration, and we certainly did Mom and I thought it was gonna be a horrible day, but it was spectacular!


I have told everybody that the number of guests made me feel so humble. I was just shocked to see everyone, and I knew Daddy touched lives, but THAT MANY?!?!?! He was one helluva man!I'm just so thankful to have so many friends and loved ones... but I'm now waiting for reality to hit, bc I know it's coming, but like I did exactly one week ago, I'm holding on to this happiness with everything I have, bc I know it will crash down at some point.

Wow... one week ago, I was leaving the hospital... I was on such a high bc of how well Dad was doing... I was holding onto the happiness with all my might, and it crashed down 5 hours later...

I'm just so humbled by everyone who came to celebrate Dad's life...IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: