Photobucket

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Sad Update

At 3:00am EST, mom got a call to come to the hospital. Dad's breathing was shallow, and he wasn't responding to anything or anyone. We got there at 3:30 and at 4, I went to get Travis (bc he's a heavy sleeper and he couldn't hear my calls).

Once mom and I were there, the moment she spoke his name, his eyes opened. He was in and out of consciousness all morning. Mom told him it was almost over, and he said, "Oh no" bc he was worried about how we would be. He then told us he loved us, before slipping back into unconsciousness.

At 8:30, we took him off of his antibiotics and blood pressure medication. We then gave him morphine and waited for our minister to get there.

At 9:30, the minister arrived. We said a final prayer and dad's BiPAP was removed.

At 10:05am, my father passed away. When he passed, he was surrounded by his friends (7 of them) while mom and I held his hand and said, "I love you"

It was a rough morning. Travis held me while I sobbed, and then I held him while he cried. He whispered into my ear, "we will get through this" which brought me so much comfort.

The funeral probably won't be until Tuesday, bc our family is in Arkansas and will be driving out here, plus it is the best time for our church. Daddy will be cremated, which makes Tuesday a realistic day for us.

I'm going to go take a nap in honor of my Daddy, but that man LOVED his naps!

Yeah, we were cracking jokes most of the morning, and continue to crack jokes, bc Daddy was a funny guy who could laugh at himself, even in this situation!

Thank you all for your support. Dad is at peace, and for that, I am very greatful.

No comments: