Photobucket

Sunday, May 3, 2009

More heart issues

Doctors think dad's heart is weakening and that he's back in a state of heart failure. There is also something wrong with his kidneys. I swear, if his kidneys are failing, he's getting one of mine. My blood type is O+ so I should be compatible right?

Dad has lived with heart failure for 7 years, and he had just come out of it, then the stuff happened with his lungs and now, 6 months later, his heart is weakening. :( Mom isn't panicking, so she told me I could panic when she did :) We're trying to stay positive, but it's hard.

Mom has cried since she got home, though me waiting with a martini for her made her happy.

I have nothing else to say right now... I gotta go clean up after dinner - courtesy of Trav's mom :)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm so sorry that all of this is happening. Just when things start looking up, they take a turn for the negative again. I'm hoping they get all of his issues figured out soon and can start him on an effective treatment plan. No more yucky surprises would be nice! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for him to be bouncing back from ICU to talks of rehab and back again.

I'm glad you and your mom are keeping a positive attitude and sticking together. Thanks for keeping my updated!

-Lyss