Dad's heart is beating strong and his blood pressure has gone up. He is still very week, and we have a hard time understanding him when he talks. He was able to go off of the BiPAP (for sleep apnea) for a couple of hours, today, so that was good... he even ate a bit of a milk shake! YAY!
Doctors and nurses are amazed at the turn around... I think this may mean he still has a few more days with us. We still don't think he will make it, but we also don't think he will be gone in the next 24 hours.
His spirit is still amazing... he makes tiny jokes and laughs at himself.
He did, however, ask mom, "Is this the end?" and she said, "I don't know." Then today he said he wished he knew how bad it was, but all I could say in response was, "I know you do."
I'm afraid to say anything, bc I don't want to crush his spirit, but mom did tell him last night that he has fought for a long time, and she knows he's tired, so if he feels like he needs to give up, it's ok. Daddy then told her that he loves her and he loves me more than anything else.
I just came home after being at the hospital since 8am bc of stomach problems... but I'm updating ya'll and then heading back up.
Travis has been with me for over 17 hours, straight. He didn't want me to be by myself, so he stayed over last night. His mom even came to visit us at the hospital today!
We had many guests yesterday, and many today... I really think that the prayers from so many people are WORKING!
I will continue updating with new information as I get them. Thank you all for being so wonderful throughout this whole ordeal.
Farewell Charles Wesley Sanders Jr.
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment