Photobucket

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beach Trip

Mom, Dad, Nonnie, and Annie (one of our cats) drove down to our beach house at Ocean Isle Beach Wednesday afternoon. Travis, his german shepard (Sasha), my dog (Willie), my other cat (Scamper, my babygirl), and I drove down at 10:00pm (EST) on Tursday night. Yeah, we got there at about 2am.

It was interesting, driving down there with two dogs and a cat. Willie is a man-diva and hogs the front seat, so he sat/stood/laid down there. Scamper freaked out and ran all over the car. Sasha is an AWESOME travel buddy and just chilled in the back seat. I was driving, so my poor Travis had to deal with Scamper's claws. He tried to sleep, but it was late at night, and I hate driving in the dark, so every now and then I would get nervous and tap the breaks, which made Scamper dig in to whatever she was holding on to... which happened to be my sweetie's leg *looks up innocently* By the time we reached the house, I was exhausted. I had barely enough energy to climb upstairs, put sheets on my bed, and fall asleep.

Friday, Travis and I attempted to go down to the beach. It was warm, but very windy. Since it's before Memorial Day, we were allowed to take Sasha down. She got way too excited when she saw the other dogs (about 10 or so within our eye sight). I tried to lay out and get some sun, and I did succeed, but bc of the wind, it was just chilly! We were out there for about 45 minutes before I had to go back inside.

We wanted to take the golf cart out, but the batteries were dead and the charger wasn't working, so the guy we bought it from came over and towed it to his shop to try and fix it.

Yesterday, Travis and I went into Calabash to pick up some things for my parents. My sweetie bought me a pink cowboy hat with pieces of shells on it :) After we shopped, we drove around for a bit before heading home. Trav cooked steaks for us for dinner.

Right after we ate, the golf cart guy came back to drop off our cart. It had 3/4 battery charge, so T and I decided to go for a ride in it. We got to the other side of the main road (about a mile and a half from the house) when the lights began to flicker........... yeah, the golf cart battery was dying. We managed to get it within a mile before the battery completely gave out. So we called mom who drove my car down, but forgot the damn rope. So Travis tried to drive it a little more while mom and I followed behind with the hazard lights flashing. He got it to a few blocks from the house, so I got out of the car and steered while he pushed the cart... We made it one block before I heard him panting like crazy, so I jumped out and helped push the rest of the way.

We got back in and he took a shower while I layed down... I'm not exactly a small girl, nor am I in shape, so pushing a golf cart a couple of blocks wore me out!

That incident was the most "exciting" thing that happened the whole time haha.

We came home today, though I didn't want to. I can't tell ya'll how much I love being with Travis. He makes me so happy! It's amazing how much I love him... The night we got to the house, I slept in my room and he stayed in the room he normally stays in, but the second two nights I spent in his arms... or beside him, poking him in the ribs to stop the snoring (haha).

I'll be honest here - I have absolutely NO IDEA what he sees in me. I look in the mirror and I see... well, I see an unattractive, overweight, scarred girl. (Although I have NO new sores! My body is healing up again... let's see if I can keep from picking at my skin...) I mean, I know I have a great, caring and compassionate personality. I think I'm funny... though the best word is probably "punny" bc I crack very stupid jokes. I think I have a great smile and pretty eyes... and when I love someone, I love with every ounce of my soul... Maybe that's what he sees... maybe he sees my soul, my heart... but WHY? Why me? Why am I deserving of his love? This is gonna bug me, so I'm gonna stop haha.

I think I have more to say, but I can't think of anything, so I'll just leave it at that. I didn't mean for this entry to be so long, so if you read it all, you are AWESOME!

No comments: